Lisa's Spicy Nachos

Lisa's Spicy Nachos

The other night I made these nachos for a snack. Nachos make a good appetizer, though if you load on the cheese like I do, they are filling enough to serve as a meal. I make a different version every time. For this batch, I spread some spicy blue corn tortilla chips over a baking sheet. Then, I layered the chips with some grated aged Cheddar cheese, pickled hot peppers, diced dill pickle, and finely chopped onion. To finish off, I sprinkled some hot pepper flakes and a pinch of cayenne over the top. Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and begins to brown.

Other suggested toppings: diced firm tomato, corn kernels, goat cheese, chopped jalapeños, finely chopped garlic and fried mushrooms. Serve with some salsa sauce or a homemade simple tomato chutney.

Lisa's Spicy Nachos

1 comment:

Taz said...

Oh wow! I always cheat when I do Nachos. I think I'll have to start making a bit more of an effort. That looks delicious!

=) Thanks for the shoutout! =)